Happy Sunday Peacemakers!
I have a simple, yet powerful message and challenge for you this week.
Like many times that have happened before, I had another topic I wanted to talk about today, but at the last minute I decided that there was something much more important that needed to be said. A big part of what I really love about this community and this forum is being able to share with you feelings and emotions, as they relate to current events, in real time.
No matter where you live in this world, you no doubt may be feeling a sense of separation and division. I have been thinking so much about this lately, especially as it pertains to my home country of the United States. I’m truly heartbroken to see how far we have all wavered from love, compassion, and empathy, especially when it comes to people who are “different” than we are. Though it’s difficult for me to watch and exist in these times that feel so painful, I truly believe that we are all here at this time for a reason, so that we can once and for all erase this separation and return back to loving harmony.
Regardless of race, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, or appearance, we are all one. We can make no mistake about this. We are all connected. The lines in the sand that we have drawn between us are the true cause of heartbreak and turmoil. Hateful speech and continued division will never bring us a true sense of inner peace and happiness.
I do not claim to have all the answers or solutions to the world’s problems; however, I do know that wherever problems lie, love is a sure fire way to start digging ourselves out. When we bring our intentions back to love and compassion, solutions are easily revealed to us.
As promised at the beginning of the blog, I have a challenge for you this week, in hopes of us all truly being the change that we wish to see. Are you ready to join me? Let’s go!
- Release judgments of others, especially of people who have different opinions than you.
- Be present with every person you interact with. Every person deserves your full, undivided attention.
- Cultivate compassion, and put yourself in the other person’s shoes when feeling a sense of anger, frustration, or separation.
- Be a voice for those who feel voiceless or unheard.
- Challenge yourself to perform random acts of kindness for strangers whenever and wherever possible. Silently send love to everyone you encounter. By simply being that source of love, you will attract it right back to you, and create a ripple effect around you.
I hope you will choose to partake in this mini-challenge for the week. I do believe that when we start to become aware, we will begin to create change.
Just think, what if we, the people on this earth at this moment, could be the driving force to create true change in this world? It’s pretty cool to think about, and I believe it’s possible!
Keep me posted on your interactions as you go through this challenge. I’d love to hear from you!