We all have so much going on each day; sometimes we think we can’t do it all. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be superhuman and to overachieve, which can be very wearing after a while. What if I told you it’s enough just to do your best? Your mission for this week: be your best self, in every moment of every day, and don’t worry about the rest. This might look different every day and even more different than those around you, but you’re unique, and that’s totally okay.
I bet you’re probably thinking that you have to do more, or that you don’t have enough time to think that way, but I promise you, it’s worth it, and you’ll notice some really awesome benefits. One of my favorite books is The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz. The Fourth Agreement in that book is “Always Do Your Best”, which really sticks with me because, at the end of the day that’s all we really can do. So if you’re going to take the “Doing Your Best Challenge” with me this week, check out these tips below for some guidance and gentle reminders on your path to greatness.
- Love yourself so much that you want to be your best. Self-love really is everything in this life. When you start from that deep love of self you motivate yourself to be your best, regardless of what’s going on. You want to be compassionate, loving, motivated, and all those characteristics you desire. Love yourself and the rest will follow.
- Let go of expectations, high ideals, and perfectionism. We set really high bars for ourselves in our lives, which is great, but it also means major let down when we don’t achieve some of our unrealistic goals. It’s great to shoot for the stars, but don’t be so hard on yourself about it. Set an intention, work hard for it, but don’t put pressure on making sure it gets done in your way and your timing. Trust the universe a little bit with it.
- Have a constant awareness of what’s going on around you and live in the present moment. What’s the easiest way to do your very best? Be aware; be mindful. How are you acting in this very moment? Is it in your highest and greatest good? Is it going to get you where you want to go in life? Be your own coach and ask yourself these questions on a regular basis.
- Be organized; yet let your life flow. Much like tip number 1, get clear on what you want, what you “need” to do, and what makes you happy. Clarity allows life to flow more effortlessly.
- Remember that life truly is a journey. Don’t feel like you have to constantly rush through things to get to a certain destination. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the ebbs and flows of life, enjoy the right now and have gratitude for every second you have on this earth.
What are you going to do this week to do your best? What are some reminders you set for yourself to remember to be your best self each and every day? Let me know!