I don’t know about you, but I love indulging in inspirational material. I seek out books, events, and blogs for my daily dose of inspiration and positivity. I’m very grateful that we live in a time with so many readily available outlets that promote happiness and wellbeing.
With all this being said, I am one of those people who likes to do things my self and be a little more self-reliant. So, what if I could be in charge of my own inspiration and personal happiness?
Life can be difficult, chaotic, and stressful managing all the responsibilities and different challenges it brings us. We sometimes forget that in the end, we are in charge of the life we see and create. This week I want to give you eight simple tools for creating inspiration in any given day.
You don’t have to be on a retreat or somewhere peaceful to find calm and stillness. Check out these tips below to learn more:
1. Find your own sense of stillness. What does connecting with yourself mean to you? Make it a point everyday to sit in quiet in some way. In this stillness you go inward, connect, and get a sense of your own magnificence.
2. Get moving. It’s powerful to be in stillness, but it’s also great to move your body. Many of us spend most of our days sedentary at desks or in cars. Find time to get moving! Even if it’s only five minutes, you’ll feel rejuvenated, inspired and ready to tackle whatever’s coming next for you in your day.
3. Find an inspiration buddy. Choose one person in your life who can be a go-to to pick you up when you might need a boost. You can think of this person (or maybe group of people) as your spiritual running buddy. Someone who has the same interests, values, and ideals that can share your path of ups and downs with you and lend an hand when needed.
4. Pay attention to the details. When we get bored with life, we often times are on automatic pilot, or have shut down and not really paying attention to the beauty of life around us. Every day notice something that touches your heart. Seek out the magnificence in the smallest details of your day.
5. Use mantras and affirmations. A negative and a positive thought cannot exist in the mind at the same time. You always have a choice in what thoughts you will allow to occupy space in your mind so when a false, anxiety producing thought comes in, pause , take a breath and replace your negative thought with a more positive one, to create a shift in your thinking and mood. Mantras and affirmations are great tools for this, when you really need an inspired boost. Choose a few that you like and write them down on post-its or in your phone so you can have a go-to when you need it.
6. Make a gratitude list. One of the greatest ways to feel better is to remember all that you have to be thankful for in life. Gratitude lists are so amazing in that way. Feeling blue? Put pen to paper and jot down what’s already amazing in your life at this very moment. You’ll be amazed and inspired.
7. Be of service. Another profound way to feel great? Help someone else out! Do something nice for someone, perform a random act of kindness, or simply just show compassion and patience. Your energy effects this world. What imprint are you leaving?
8. Plan something that excites your soul. I love when I look at my calendar and see something exciting to look forward to. Even if it’s something small, plan outings, events, or trips that light you up inside. Whether it’s meeting with a close friend, walking on the beach, or taking that vacation you’ve long desired, add some activities to your calendar that nurture you and make you smile with excitement.
I hope this leaves you feeling inspired for the week to come! I’d love to hear your thoughts on how you create your own inspiration!