For some of us, summer is beginning to wind down and we start to creep into a new season. In the US, summer time is known for being a period of vacation, travel, and ease. As many of you know, I love, love love to travel. Exploring the world lights me up inside. As some of you might not know, I am also a huge homebody. In order to balance out the travel and the highly active outer world, it’s great to devote time to just staying in. Staycations are an amazing way to regroup, rebalance, and reset as a new season approaches us.
- Pick a time and stick to it! One thing that always “ruins” my stay-cation: I’m not firm with times and boundaries, leading me living my “everyday” life but not truly relaxing. If you are trying to do a staycation, choose the times, put it in your calendar, let the people in your life know, and stick to it!
- Organize your space ahead of time. A real relaxation buzz kill happens when your living space is unorganized or unnecessarily cluttered. Take a little extra time beforehand to try and clear and organize your space so your mind can be more at ease.
- Make a list of the fun “at-home” activities you have always wanted to do but have never had the chance. Look at your hometown through the lens of a tourist! Make it playful and have fun exploring!
- Make self-care a priority. One of the biggest pitfalls of regular vacations is you usually need a vacation after your vacation! Travel can been draining mentally, physically, and emotionally. The great part about a staycation is you can mentally, emotionally, and physically recharge! Take care of yourself, relax, and soak up all that you can from your time. This is a time of nourishment!
- Stay in the present moment. Try not to let thoughts of what is to come post-staycation creep in. Remember, the only moment we ever have is the present moment. Stay present and enjoy!
Do you guys have any plans for an amazing staycation? Any tips for the rest of us at Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life? Let us know!